Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Talk about anything and everything related to lipomas and related healthcare issues here.

Moderator: matt

251152
Master Member
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by 251152 » Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:54 am

- If you go to a doctor, for some reason it's very expensive to take out a lipoma (which is a super simple procedure as you can see), so you feel fooled and pay a lot of money
- Why can't you be sterile at home? You can use a new scalpel for every lipoma (will still be much cheaper than doctor's services) and if not you can put it in spirit or boiling water to make it sterile again, what's the problem?
- Regarding the veins you have a point, although if the vein is so close to the surface it's probably visible, and the nerves shouldn't be so close to the skin anyway
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:43 am

Be careful when buying your blades. With a descent blade you should be able to push through the skin in seconds, cheap blades can take many minutes. There seems to be a lot of low quality blades out there. The better blades will also break down the lipoma quicker, reduce swelling, reduce the need for excessive squeezing, reducing the total healing time, resulting in less scaring.

Also make sure you cut your nails right down as this will lesson to virtually nothing any marks left on your skin through squeezing.

I only use Swann Morton sterile surgical blades No15.
User avatar
matt
Lipoma Guru
Posts: 1168
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:01 am
Number of lipomas: 61-100
Location: Finland
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by matt » Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:46 pm

I imagine that would work, I use just the 15;
no 15 blade.jpg
15
But if I could i'd adapt a 15 to make it look like this;
lipoma15s.jpg
15 Special
Then you have micro surgery a 2mm hole, zero scaring, would need to test it first tho.

Ohh and i just had a count, ive removed 29 in total ( hard to know exactly as is difficult to see, some have no scaring).

This will sound nuts, but i kinda started to enjoy removing them. :D :D
THeNavidsonREcord

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by THeNavidsonREcord » Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:36 pm

I've toyed with this idea for a year or so.
I was going to pay my 500 deductible to get them removed in January. I just learned my deductible is going up to 750 so looks like I'm doing this. I bought a scapel and the liquid band aid a year ago but never got the guts to actually cut in. I actually was sitting down, had everything ready but couldn't bring myself to do it.

I have one on the very edge my shoulder. One on each for arm and one the size of a pea on my back shoulder.

Keep my accountable!

If that hippie on youtube can remove them using sausages to numb his skin and while smoking pot can do it, I can do it.
Seriously though, that guy on youtube who smokes lots of pot and loves cutting out his lipomas is pretty awesome.
251152
Master Member
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by 251152 » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:41 am

Hey Drav, since we got the specific blades out, could you please post a complete gear you use for the whole procedure? Including the blades, the glue, something against scars (if you use any), the clamps, etc.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:01 pm

Kit;

Swann Morton Scalpel Handle No. 3.
Swann and Morton "Carbon Steel" size 15 sterile blades.
Liquiband Standard Tissue Adhesive 0.5g Skin Adhesive or Dermabond if you prefer.
Sterile Swabs 10cm x 10cm, you will need say 5 per lipoma.
ICE for before and after.
Black Plastic Clamp wrapped in cotton wool and surgical tape, if operating in areas with just one hand.
Surgical solution.
Surgical gloves.

Approximate cost £50 or $80.
251152
Master Member
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by 251152 » Sat Nov 01, 2014 10:51 pm

cool, do you buy all this stuff off of amazon?
Could you post the links to the stuff you buy if it's not too much trouble?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Guest

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Yeah, this is not for the faint of heart.
Cut in and saw the lipoma immediately because it's so close to the surface but the lipoma itself wouldn't come out. I think because it's so bigthe cut would need to be bigger. I Almost passed out so I closed the wound up. I'll probably just go to a dermatologist, bite the bullet and pay the huge deductible because this thing is getting so annoying.
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:15 pm

251152 wrote:cool, do you buy all this stuff off of amazon?
Could you post the links to the stuff you buy if it's not too much trouble?
I don't use Amazon sorry. Just ebay and local shops.
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:16 pm

Guest wrote:Yeah, this is not for the faint of heart.
Cut in and saw the lipoma immediately because it's so close to the surface but the lipoma itself wouldn't come out. I think because it's so bigthe cut would need to be bigger. I Almost passed out so I closed the wound up. I'll probably just go to a dermatologist, bite the bullet and pay the huge deductible because this thing is getting so annoying.
How hard did you squeeze? How big was the lipoma and in what area? Also how much cutting did you do?
TheNavidsonRecord

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by TheNavidsonRecord » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:24 pm

Drav wrote:
Guest wrote:Yeah, this is not for the faint of heart.
Cut in and saw the lipoma immediately because it's so close to the surface but the lipoma itself wouldn't come out. I think because it's so bigthe cut would need to be bigger. I Almost passed out so I closed the wound up. I'll probably just go to a dermatologist, bite the bullet and pay the huge deductible because this thing is getting so annoying.
How hard did you squeeze? How big was the lipoma and in what area? Also how much cutting did you do?

hard enough to bruise. The lipoma is probably the size of a grape and I cut 2mm long and I cut deep enough to see the lipoma. I squeezed hard enough for it to poke out through the hole but trying to pull it out hurt. The lipoma itself hurt. I think it is attached to some junk. Got it taped shut now but because the lipoma is so close to the skin I worry the lipoma won't let the cut heal. We'll see in a couple days.
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:30 pm

Could you not squeeze under the lipoma with one hand, then break it up with the scalpel through the hole you made, so your just cutting up with the scalpel? Also where on your body is it? Say it was grape size, i would probably push the blade at slightly different angles into the lipoma maybe 50 to 100 times, that way it would break down the lipoma so it could be easily squeezed out. If you could not do this then you would need to make the hole bigger. Shame I cant be there to help!
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Fri Nov 07, 2014 6:33 pm

Here is a screenshot of the first ever lipoma i removed on my arm;
arm.jpg
TheNavidsonRecord

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by TheNavidsonRecord » Fri Nov 07, 2014 7:14 pm

Yeah I'm pretty sure I can't do that. I was getting so queezy, sweating and feeling faint. Plus, my wife was not too keen on me doing this but I went and did it anyway.

The lipoma is on my left shoulder. So both hands can reach it but it's still a little difficult. It's so close to the skin that the lipoma won't allow the cut to close. So that'll be interesting. I'll give it 24 hours and then, if I have to, I'll get a staple or two. Then go to a dermatologist and cough it up the deductible. I think they said they'd remove them all in one sitting.
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:38 pm

Something magical just happened, over the last few days i discovered a lipoma on the top of my left leg (small about 14mm), must have been there before, but it seemed a little deeper than normal, anyway I had already worked out how I was going to remove it, but as I had a cold I had not got round to doing so. Ive been squeezing it a little over the last few nights and tonight to my amazement i was able to split it between my fingers by squeezing and not particularity very hard so no bruising, now it seams gone! So if I was to remove the debris, not sure now where to put the scalpel. :o
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:07 am

Now my question is, should I now remove anything left over? Or just leave it alone? It feels a bit squidgy now.
251152
Master Member
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by 251152 » Mon Nov 10, 2014 11:33 pm

when you say it's gone do you mean you can't feel it anymore or it just split in two and you feel both parts separately now?
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Drav
Regular
Posts: 72
Joined: Thu Jul 03, 2014 1:11 pm
Number of lipomas: 31-60
Location: UK - Colchester
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by Drav » Tue Nov 11, 2014 8:23 am

251152 wrote:when you say it's gone do you mean you can't feel it anymore or it just split in two and you feel both parts separately now?
It split in two, then i kinda went through the area and crushed any remaining mass, now it just feels bitty.
251152
Master Member
Posts: 507
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:14 pm
Contact:

Re: Removed 3 Lipoma's at home yesterday.

Post by 251152 » Thu Nov 13, 2014 11:23 pm

hmm, I've tried squeezing my lipomas really hard and they never seem to give in. I never went as extreme as biting on the skin or anything like that, but just squeezing with fingers using all my might doesn't have any effect on them...

I'm guessing it's bad if you break the lipoma under the skin because it will be harder to cut it out and it'll probably also grow into multiple lipomas over time. I just wouldn't suggest doing this again.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest