The Cause of Lipomatosis

Talk about anything and everything related to lipomas and related healthcare issues here.

Moderator: matt

Laura

Re: The Cause of Lipomatosis

Post by Laura » Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:25 am

Seldom can a male get medicaid.
Benefits for children are being cut.
Even mothers living in poverty can't often qualify for medicaid.

So many of us in the US are waiting for 2014 when "Obamacare" mandate for insurance goes into effect.
Not sure how well that will cover health issues, since it is still private insurance, just subsidized.

So about 25% of folks in US do not have health insurance, and there are also people who are under insured.

It is a mess, but since corporations money controls our govt it is hard to fix.
Sparky
Regular
Number of lipomas: 31-60

Post by Sparky » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:46 am

Off and on, I'm still digging deep into the realms of the lipolysis pathway (it is this chain that I believe may hold the secret to a possible lipoma treatment). Notice I mentioned 'treatment' and not cure. This post has run some distance with us discussing linkage between lipoma and chromosomal defects / aberrations. For me, and the research I am doing, I keep bumping into 'chromosomal' mention, and, overriding, I favour the chromosomal defect and pre-position argument. For this reason, I view a treatment plan with respect to the lipolysis chain as the possible 'treatment' only to allowing our bodies metabolic access to lipoma adipocite / fat cells. Potentially stabilising, reducing or even ridding lipoma, but not curatively towards the pre-position for producing lipoma because of chromosomal defect.

It appears that opinions are mixed on this subject.

Accepting that lipoma are similar as variant instances of the proliferation of 'fat cells' yet can be different in their symptom presentation (Familial, MSL, superficial, spindle etc..) It appears that doctors, at the GP level at least, themselves have difficulty in determining lipoma diagnosis (to cut them some slack, it's not surprising).

Through pathological and chromosomal examination of lipoma (of 178 lipoma), the following study and report apply correlation of chromosome / cytogenetic abnormalities and their relationship to the different lipoma formation.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1861666/

The report conclusion:
We conclude that cytogenetic abnormalities are common in lipomatous tumours, correlate reliably with morphological sub-type in many cases, and can be of diagnostic value in histologically borderline or difficult cases.

Sparky.
Damgood
Number of lipomas: 100+

Post by Damgood » Wed Jan 02, 2019 2:00 am

Is there a lab which can tell what is in the lipomas and is it the same make-up for all those who have lipomas.
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:01 am

Damgood: In short: yes I'm sure there are labs which can identify lipomas but there are multiple different mutations that lead to lipomas. No one mutation has been detected. There are always many.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!