is this a lipoma? please help

Talk about anything and everything related to lipomas and related healthcare issues here.

Moderator: matt

mrsmnk101

is this a lipoma? please help

Post by mrsmnk101 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:21 am

Hi im new here and just wondered if anyone can help me as im extremely worried. In april i found a small painless lump at the top of my armpit rather than low towards the breast. Its oval in shape and is proberbly about 1cm. The doctor told me to not to worry about it and she thinks its nothing. Hard not to worry about it really. Anyway she sent me for ultrasound & the sonographer couldnt tell me what it is. She said its either cyst, fatty tissue or lymph node & it has a blood supply. Im not a doctor but i dismiss that its a lymph node as its really close to the skins surface, almost feels stuck to the skin. It sometimes feels softer and squidgier then firm on other occaisions. It generally has stayed the same size for months. Now ive been referred to breast clinic so they can give me an answer. Im worrying like hell as i always think the worse, even though the doctor said not to worry. Im 29 and 7 months pregnant, i thought maybe my pregnancy has something to do with it. Any ideas or thoughts please
mrsmnk101

Re: is this a lipoma? please help

Post by mrsmnk101 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:57 am

Oh and just to add, i tried a hot compress and massaged it and it kind of disbursed. It then formed again.
RBMD

Re: is this a lipoma? please help

Post by RBMD » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:36 pm

Hi. My name is Dr. Rob Backstein and I am a plastic surgeon in Toronto, Canada.
Although the attachment to the skin makes it most likely to be a cyst as does your experience with the hot compress, I'd definitely suggest having this looked at by a dermatologist or plastic surgeon.