Kombu Seaweed

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

pierre
Regular

Kombu Seaweed

Post by pierre » Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:11 am

Anyone tried Kombu ?

The polysaccharide U-fucoidan, found in the seaweed kombu, has been
found to cause cancer cells to self-destruct

The Biomedical Research Laboratories of Takara Shuzo and the
Research Institute for Glycotechnology Advancement, a company funded by the
Bio-oriented Technology Research Institute discovered that a polysaccharide
known as U-fucoidan, found in kombu and other types of brown seaweed
(wakame, mozuku, and hijiki), causes various types of established cancer cell
lines to self-destruct.

What is U-Fucoidan?
About 4% percent of the total dry weight of many types of brown seaweed such
as kombu consists of a polysaccharide known as fucoidan. Fucoidan is a
sulfated polysaccharide that possesses a complex structure. Its chief
components include a sulfuric esterified L-fucose, and trace elements of
galactose, xylose, and glucuronic acid.

The Biological Activity of Fucoidan
Numerous accounts have ascribed to fucoidan properties such as the ability to
act as an anti-contraceptive, to reduce cholesterol levels, and to act as an antitumor
agent. However, a definitive consensus concerning the precise nature of
fucoidan has still not been reached. The Biomedical Research Laboratories of
Takara Shuzo and the Research Institute for Glycotechnology Advancement
have focused their attention on the anti-tumor properties of fucoidan, and have
managed to confirm that this substance causes certain types of rapidly growing
cancer cells to self-destruct. Examples of cancer cell strains where this selfdestruct
phenomenon was observed include human acute promyelocytic
leukemia cells (HL-60 cell line), human stomach cancer cells (AGS cell line),
human colon cancer cells (HCT-116 cell line), and cancer cells of the descending
colon (SW-480 cell line/WiDr cell line). Moreover, this self-destruction was
observed to take place without affecting normal cells. Currently, efforts are
underway to clarify the precise mechanism by which this phenomenon occurs.
Some of the reasons which have until recently prevented the formation of a
definitive scientific consensus concerning the precise nature of fucoidan include
the fact that it possesses an extremely complex structure, as well as the difficulty
of obtaining pure samples of fucoidan. Both Takara and Research Institute for
Glycotechnology Advancement strove to overcome these difficulties, and after
having managed to produce pure samples of fucoidan, carried out the studies
that led to the above conclusions.

The Mechanism Through Which Cancer Cells Self-Destruct
In the presence of certain substances, as well as under other unusual
environmental conditions, cells may self-destruct and disappear altogether. This
self-destruct phenomenon is known as apoptosis, and is to be properly
distinguished from necrosis, which is the death of cells directly brought about by
external stimuli such as poisonous substances and physical damage to the cell.
Properly speaking, apoptosis is brought about by a mechanism that is
programmed into the natural makeup of cells. Organisms activate this
mechanism when necessary, and once the apoptosis mechanism has been
triggered, the genetic blueprint of the cell (DNA) is rendered useless through
activation of the deoxyribonuclease found within the cell itself. Apoptosis thus
may said to be a natural means through which living organisms manage to
eliminate harmful cells from their systems.

The Significance of This Discovery and Future Prospects
From ancient times (dating from the Jomon era, approximately before the 2nd
century B.C onwards), brown seaweed has been a mainstay of the traditional
Japanese diet. It is precisely these seaweeds that contain the U-fucoidan that
serve to trigger the apoptosis mechanism described above.

The prefecture of Okinawa, whose inhabitants enjoy some of the highest life
expectancies in Japan, also happens to have one of the highest per capita
consumption rates of kombu—1 gram per person per day. The cancer death
rate in Okinawa is the lowest of all the prefectures in Japan.
HoneyBadger

Re: Kombu

Post by HoneyBadger » Sun Oct 02, 2011 6:40 am

pierre wrote:Anyone tried Kombu ?
Pierre, can you try it for a month or two and report back? Otherwise no one of sound mind will take you seriously. So take a photo of your lipomas, try kombu for 1 to 2 months, then report back with the results. It would be more meaningful than pitching for someone else to do it for you. Keep it real, pierre. -HB
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Re: Kombu Seaweed

Post by matt » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:06 pm

Pierre, I did some research about Kombu and Fucoidan and your post was as good as anyone's! I must say, I originally had the same feeling than Honeybadger but I thought I'd better Google some more first. And I found a ton of articles and studies about Fucoidan and it's anti-cancer plus antibacterial and anti-fungal effects!

I have never before heard of such substance nor have I heard about Kombu seaweed but I definitely want to have more posts like this in the future! Eventually they might direct us to the right track, if they haven't already ;)

Thx :)
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
Charlupa

Post by Charlupa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:32 pm

Maybe this is a key ingredient in Darryl's pill.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Who knows? :?

I found a nice short slide show about Fucoidan that lists it's anti-bacteria, anti-viral, anti-fungi, anti-parasites, anti-cancer and anti HIV properties: link to Google docs (pdf)

It also compares Fucoidan to mother's milk for it's healing anti-bodies and ability to strenghten the immune system.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
pierre
Regular

Post by pierre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:06 am

Alginic acid is a polysaccharide that is abundant in those sea vegetables classified as brown algae, including kombu, hijiki, arame, and wakame. Scientific researchers, including a team led by Dr. Tanaka at McGill University, have demonstrated that alginic acid binds with any heavy metals found in the intestines, renders them indigestible, and causes them to be eliminated. So, any heavy metals, such as barium, cadmium, lead, mercury, zinc, and even radioactive strontium, that may be present in the intestines will not be absorbed by the body when alginic acid is present.

Doctors Seibin and Teruko Arasaki, Japanese scientists who have published several books about sea vegetables, also report this cleansing property of alginic acid in their book Vegetables From the Sea. They conclude, "Heavy metals taken into the human body are rendered insoluble by alginic acid in the intestines and cannot, therefore, be absorbed into body tissues."

What's more, Dr. Tanaka's research has shown that the alginic acid in sea vegetables actually helps bind and draw out any similar toxins that are already stored in our bodies, thus "lowering the body's burden."

http://www.mitoku.com/products/seaveget ... ealth.html

To HoneyBadger: You popped up out of the blue and seem quite supportive of Darryl. Why don't you ask him to take photographs AND ULTRASOUND of his remaining 8 lipomas and report back with the evidence when they have disappeared otherwise no one of sound mind will take him seriously. Keep it real, HB and don't forget Kombu is just a food and NOT a cocktail of supplements !
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:50 am

pierre wrote:Alginic acid is a polysaccharide that is abundant in those sea vegetables classified as brown algae, including kombu, hijiki, arame, and wakame. Scientific researchers, including a team led by Dr. Tanaka at McGill University, have demonstrated that alginic acid binds with any heavy metals found in the intestines, renders them indigestible, and causes them to be eliminated. So, any heavy metals, such as barium, cadmium, lead, mercury, zinc, and even radioactive strontium, that may be present in the intestines will not be absorbed by the body when alginic acid is present.

Doctors Seibin and Teruko Arasaki, Japanese scientists who have published several books about sea vegetables, also report this cleansing property of alginic acid in their book Vegetables From the Sea. They conclude, "Heavy metals taken into the human body are rendered insoluble by alginic acid in the intestines and cannot, therefore, be absorbed into body tissues."

What's more, Dr. Tanaka's research has shown that the alginic acid in sea vegetables actually helps bind and draw out any similar toxins that are already stored in our bodies, thus "lowering the body's burden."

http://www.mitoku.com/products/seaveget ... ealth.html

To HoneyBadger: You popped up out of the blue and seem quite supportive of Darryl. Why don't you ask him to take photographs AND ULTRASOUND of his remaining 8 lipomas and report back with the evidence when they have disappeared otherwise no one of sound mind will take him seriously. Keep it real, HB and don't forget Kombu is just a food and NOT a cocktail of supplements !
Thats great info. Sadly it is almost impossible for the acid to access the metals that allready reside in our fat tissue. Perhaps you can follow a treatment of hydrotherapy and alginic acid to reintroduce the metals to the organs once again. Or perhaps the acid can be used in injections??

One thing that comes in mind is to eat fish (and other heavy metal polluted food) in parallel with this seaweed so that at least new metals wont reach your fat tissue and be eliminated.
pierre
Regular

Post by pierre » Thu Oct 13, 2011 1:36 pm

While I don't want to question Dr. T's findings, doesn't iodine also detoxify the body by removing mercury, fluorides, chlorides, and bromides ?

By the way, I noticed one of your comments recently regarding cannabis. You said "i just want to point out that the core of a burning cigarette (of any kind) develops temperatures that destroy any kind of fragile molecule inside the plant leaves"

But the point of Matts comment was mainly related to THC which does actually pass into the body when having a spliff which is why people actually smoke the stuff.

If you want to start picking holes in peoples comments would it be possible for you to at least try & substantiate things with a link or something.

According to this website http://www.ehow.co.uk/info_8056776_prod ... algae.html
Quote: "alginic acid is employed as a detoxifier that absorbs poisonous metals from the blood"

The internet is really great in many ways. Never before have we been able to type two or three words into a search engine to retrieve so much relevant information from so many different sources. I remember going to the library when I was younger and spending ages trying to find the right book with the right specific information. Of course, with the internet, we need to be able to cut the wheat from the chaff which is a little easier if the language is your own.

Has anyone ever tried googling these two "FDA corrupt" ?
sjohn

Post by sjohn » Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:46 pm

Pierre,

Well, i don't try to pick holes in peoples comments, i try to clear some things out or even provide additional information, when i can, where i can and if i can. On some issues i could be wrong of course, or possibly misinformed. That's what debates are for! ;)

As for FDA i don't have an opinion, mainly because i am from Eastern Europe, i know close to nothing about them and i do not have time to research them. But there are some things like Codex Alimentarius (is that FDA? not sure) that i have read some things about and i cannot say that i agree with it.

As for what i said about cannabis, the degree of absorption from the human body while smoking and while drinking the extract can be hell of a lot different... in more than one aspects.
HoneyBadger

Post by HoneyBadger » Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:35 pm

With all due respect to Darryl, we have no idea if Darryl even has lipomas. He hasn't offered any photographic evidence and no ingredient list for others to verify. Until he does it's just chatter. Remember, there are a lot of good intentioned folks who falsely believe they have cured their lipomas. After all, if they actually did find a cure this forum wouldn't exist—at all.
Charlupa

Post by Charlupa » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:07 pm

HoneyBadger wrote:
With all due respect to Darryl, we have no idea if Darryl even has lipomas. He hasn't offered any photographic evidence and no ingredient list for others to verify. Until he does it's just chatter. Remember, there are a lot of good intentioned folks who falsely believe they have cured their lipomas. After all, if they actually did find a cure this forum wouldn't exist—at all.

I was being sarcastic. I dont believe Darryl at all.
Klaus
Master Member
Number of lipomas: 0

Post by Klaus » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:51 pm

Hi HoneyBadger
I have through email contacts with Darryl and asked him serious questions about his project; particular about the number of Lipoma-Tumores, sizes etc etc.

General after a lot of tests which I had done, I'm very serious about anything, but I'm also optimistic on the other hand, because if we don't try everything, how we can get results? You are complete right and that is what I request of tests. Lipoma-Tumors must be identified clearly before the start and after finish. Best is a confirmation from the GP.

Also I'm very serious about what piere wrote about brown seed. The highest quality can be found north of the Russia region. There is only one place. I was involved with a product called Lamifaren, but it had problems with the manufacturer and the Australian Goods Administration to be registered. See also my article: Attention about products to buy...........
Not everything which may be is good for cancer is good to eliminate Lipomas

Re.

Klaus
kari

Post by kari » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:33 am

Its sounds good, just read a little about it today thought I'll share

The Role of NK cells in Antitumor Activity of Dietary Fucoidan from Undaria pinnatifida Sporophylls (Mekabu). Planta Med. 2006. Fucoidan from Mekabu (sporophyll of undaria pinnatifida), a dietary alga, exerts antitumor activity possibly through enhancing the immune response. The present report describes the effects of dietary Mekabu fucoidan on the tumor growth of mouse A20 leukemia cells and on T cell-mediated immune responses in T cell receptor transgenic mice. The animals were fed with a diet containing 1 % Mekabu fucoidan for 10 days and subcutaneously inoculated with A20 leukemia cells. Thereafter, the mice were fed with the diet containing fucoidan for 40 days which inhibited tumors by 65 %. Our findings suggested that Mekabu fucoidan mediates tumor destruction through Th1 cell and NK cell responses.

Immunomodulating activity of arabinogalactan and fucoidan in vitro. J Med Food. 2005. We investigated the immunomodulating effects of arabinogalactan and fucoidan in vitro. Mouse spleen lymphocytes became cytotoxic to tumor cells after culture with arabinogalactan and fucoidan at concentrations of 10-100 microg/mL. These data suggest that arabinogalactan and fucoidan are activators of lymphocytes and macrophages. This property may contribute to their effectiveness in the immunoprevention of cancer.

http://www.raysahelian.com/fucoidan.html
lipomafret
Number of lipomas: 31-60

Post by lipomafret » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:00 pm

I tried Fucoidan for a few weeks after reading about the anti-tumor possibility. Unfortunately, my FML appeared to have accelerated over that time. Fucoidan seems to increase my blood circulation. So I wont touch Fucoidan for a while until I can observe further without this supplement.
Master Member

Post by 251152 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:24 am

Charlupa wrote:Maybe this is a key ingredient in Darryl's pill.
aahahahahhaaa, nice one! :DDD
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/