Here's Your Lipoma Treatment Options So Far

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

Klaus
Master Member
Number of lipomas: 0

Re: Here's Your Lipoma Treatment Options So Far

Post by Klaus » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:19 am

Hello Newcomer (Curious)

thanks for your very low profile response. The different between you and me is that you have no knowledge about Lipoma-Tumors and you are better of, not to respond in such a way. I have evidence that the history is saying Lipoma-Tumors are re-growing after operations, but this is not true. If little one are overlooked and left behind than the operation is not done proper, and they are growing. In my records I keep all of them (37 which were bigger than 3 cm) are opereated and on these places were not seen new one. May be that the Natrium salt tablets are playing a rule. I have left for the current test only 2 which are both 7 cm long. I had contact with Dr. Herbst, but she is more involved with Dercum deseases and I would be lucky, if we had more of her!
aad

Post by aad » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm

Great site, Matt. Thank you. I recall reading about new lipoma treatment in Australia, but can no longer find references to that. Can someone recommend in Sydney? Thank you very much!
Klaus
Master Member

Post by Klaus » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:30 pm

Hi aad,

that's me. I live in Perth. How can I help you? See also http://www.lipomaaktuell.blogspot.com

Re

Klaus
rawrnr1
Number of lipomas: 1

Post by rawrnr1 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:07 pm

what about juice fast... as in Gerson Therapy?
OR
water fasting to autolyze the tumor... lots of info and stories of this online...
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:32 pm

For lipomas as well? If you have links please share.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
JakeDHyde

Post by JakeDHyde » Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:55 am

Interesting to join this group only to find an adversarial discussion between "moderator" and "master member" about terminology--which remains unresolved, and effectiveness of one particular proposed remedy which does not cite any really scientifically conducted or peer-reviewed studies.

The language question is interesting, since it may be that in different countries the definition of the words (and translational spelling) may well be different, and for this it would be very helpful to compile some kind of provisional "dictionary" about what we are specifically talking about. In USA we think of "lipoma" as a benign fatty tumor. Benign, because it (ostensibly) does not invade and proliferate past tissue or organ boundaries. Tumor as a neoplasm with defining size, shape, consistency, a border or encapsulation, and in the case of Angiolipoma, a circulatory system abnormally developed to keep its cells alive.

But there are also known to be "diffuse" lipomas which do not apparently have a a
"capsule" defining their volume, but nevertheless are abnormal compared to the fatty tissue in which they grow (or grow and shrink, etc).

If someone can get the most precise definitions they can find in very current medical dictionaries, (for each native language that there is literature written in) , then we will have a true COMMON LANGUAGE and not have to argue about what each word means.

Regarding what "effectiveness" means, the situation is much more complex. There are enough rigorously conducted scientific analyses regarding the study of "effectiveness" with respect to mitigating, reducing, or eliminating symptoms or observable aspects (like the size and shape of a "lipoma tumor" (as a courtesy to both parties in the discussion), or any other definable manifestation of a medical condition.
It must be recognized that even in the best conducted double-blind studies of large populations of people with a medical condition, the "effectiveness" is almost universally found to be a statistical distribution of results varying from complete elimination of the "experimental manifestation" to no change from normal disease progression, and even to the exacerbation of the condition or manifestation. So we can be sure (probably -haha) that even for a very successful treatment of a disease, some people will report no cure at all, others may report an improvement and others a "miracle cure". And this is all mathemetically expressed in probability tables, levels of confidence, etc.
And what it means is that something that worked great for John Smith didn't work at all for Fred Brown, both participants in the rigorously conducted scientific experiment.
There may be exceptions, but in our present culture of "statistical medicine" there's NOTHING for sure about a treatment given to one specific person with a particular degree of affliction by one of a number of "strains" of any medical disorder.
AND THAT IS FOR THE WELL STUDIED, BIG BUX DISEASES LIKE HEART DISEASE, ETC.
Compare that to the very few and far-between studies of small groups of people with a disorder (Lumped under the generic term "Dercum's Disease") that has not been fully characterized even in terms of symptomatology or the borderline between having a bunch of lipomas that don't hurt and the effectively completely crippled person who has already long ago given up hope of having a day without disabling pain.

So please, in a group this small we will not I hope get stuck in partisan or adversarial discussions, and instead try to tale any information we can get and try to place it in context of finding better management, perhaps some relief, and ultimately a truly effective method or methods of treatment for this one of many rare and woefully misunderstood diseases.

If by chance any REAL DOCTORS would read your discussion so far, how seriously would they take any information discussed, and what would be the likelihood of their returning to visit the discussion group?

Happy New Year 2013, hoping for the best. J H
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Wed Jan 02, 2013 8:33 am

Thanks for the post, but about the part of the "REAL DOCTORS" - I couldn't care less - not anymore, I'm sad to say. I've been around for too long, I've seen too many doctors, I've heard too many stories.

The saddest thing is that there are very few REAL DOCTORS out there who are openly ready to investigate conditions like these in matter. Why? Because they will not get the funding to study conditions considered benign. And any doctor is doctrined to what they have been taught in the medical school and what the pharmaceutical companies tell them.

Only a handful of doctors ever spend time reading new research studies and much less do they consider how to apply this data.

So my point is - we have to become our own real doctors - as silly and imbessile as it may sound. It takes time and effort and we have to get across the tiniest obstacles (e.g. like what different terms mean) in order to get anywhere.

But we'll get there - little by little.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
Klaus
Master Member

Post by Klaus » Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:13 pm

Hi JakeDHyde

thanks for your professional written statement to the problem. I can give you a short answer: The professional word for this problem is Lipoma-tumor. But even medical professional are using the short word "lipoma" which can be understood, depending in which way you like it for cosmetic or general fate spots on your body, but never for a fatty Lipoma-tumor. Otherwise you have to go back to the university.

Matt had pointed it out. 90 % of all medical professional, don't have any knowledge, experiences or do understand the problems which people are suffering to have Lipoma-tumors.

I agree, we should use the same word technology, but don't forget only some of us have a knowledge; most haven't. Important is the fact, as long nobody knows which type of Lipoma-tumor they carry, we running in a circle. I'm doing some research work in Germany to come closer to the problem, but even that is hard, because, nobody understand my questions, because they have no knowledge and are not prepared to do something. for examble to send probands to an ultrasound test, they need a referral from their GP. In 6 cases the doctors refused to do it!!!
Please understand the cicumstances.

Kind regards
Klaus
master member
swaps2000
Number of lipomas: 11-30

Post by swaps2000 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Hi guys ... Its good to see people contributing.. Hey matt i once chatted with you on gmail from india.
So i am also having 25-30 of those f**#$E# and working on reducing it. And i am undergoing few treatments listed below.

1. Aurvedic
a) Liquid 2 times after food (its kind of herb)
b) Tables Kanchannar Guggulu 2 in morning and 2 in evening
c) Tables Divya Medhavor Vati 2 in morning and 2 in evening
d) Massage therapy every month twice Uthwarthana

2) Homeopathic
1. Don't know the names but i started the course with small pills
doc says i need to take 3 times with half and hour interval on empty stomach.
for 2 yrs . Doc says It is ok to take with Ayurvedic also.

3) Lipodissolve injection treatment which i am taking every 15 days interval. They advice to drink lot of water .. i prefer hot water for our condition than cold water. Times they give FIR sauna and ultrasound on hands to break the fat.

4) Haven't started any yog class yet but i will be going for it shortly.

5) I take daily early in morning pinch of turmeric and amla juice for

6) Most important thing we must stop worrying !!! or thinking or competing
I think its more of our mental stability ..

7) I cut down on food intake. I am only consuming brown bread sandwich and
fruits , leafy vegies , ..
No to Rice , wheat(only 2 if needed), mango , "CURD " or Dairy Products
Eggs, fish, Meat , no non-veg.

8) Last but not the least i am trying to experiment this at lest for 2 yrs. It's
our metabolic system which needs to be corrected. It can't happen in one yr
needs atleast 2yrs..

9) Best solution is i guess to keep keep keep keep continuing yoga and meditation
than body power building exercise for at least 2yrs.

We need to get fu*$%$ thing fixed ... so i want to try the above for atleat 2 yrs..
notanumber

Post by notanumber » Thu May 23, 2013 7:04 am

Howdy. I am not one to join or post on forums. I have had lipomas since I was a teen. First was on my left thigh. I played basketball and 2 were visible below my shorts which got me made fun of a bit. Doctors always dismissed them as nothing and don't need to be removed. I was a little chubby for a while then and was told that they would go away if I lost weight,

I lost down to 28 inches around my waist. I am a 6' 2" male. That was skinny. The lipomas where only more noticeable and looked the size of tennis balls. then developed some in my side. Had them all removed when I was 20. I didn't deal with them a while then back, all over my abdomen, chest and arms. Don't know how many currently have. Had one removed that was upsetting a hiatial hernia. a couple from my arm. They seemed to come back. Biggest one now in on my stomache. again.. tennis ball - baseball sized. I wear a shirt when I swim.. specifically because that one gets attention.

I am in my early 40's now. Really figured just my lot to deal with them. Doctors dismiss you as being vain if you want them out. Insurance doesn't like to pay for it, etc. Wished had a good cure but got on with life.

well, I am pretty overweight right now (380 lbs almost) and taking the kids to Disney. So wanted to lose a bit to be able to handle the walking. I am not one for fads, but I was at a Sam's club and they had a bulk bottle of Raspberry Ketone which has gotten some attention due to Dr. Oz for helping burn fat. Thought couldn't hurt to try something to boost metabolism as I started walking and gave up diet pepsi (which BTW I started drinking about the time I started getting these), tried to eat healthier.

I found taking the Raspberry Ketone didn't exactly shed the pounds. My weight stayed pretty much the same.. in fact less weight loss than I have seen when I didn't take them... BUT why I am on these boards and reading on lipomas are this. MY LIPOMAS SPECIFICALLY STARTED SHRINKING.

I have heard people try to link lipomas with aspartame before but I am still drinking it in drink mixes with water and I have given up the diet pepsi habit before for over a year with nothing like this happening.

I really have to conclude that the Raspberry Ketone is doing something to it. It was not intentional and not what I bought it for. I didn't measure these things before I started because it was nothing I even thought about. But my wife and I both notice they are shrinking, becoming softer to the touch and I can move them around more under my skin.
But it is the craziest thing. I haven't really lost more than maybe a couple of pounds since started walking again, drinking water and taking the RK. has been a week and a half. But what I am losing seems to be specifically coming from them. This is the first time in history I actually felt optimistic about getting rid of these things. I started looking for information on this to see if this side affect was known or published out there somewhere and came across this forum. Thought would share my experience.
BTW the info I found on here about Dercums scared the crap out of me because I seem to have a lot of lung issues.. but mine are not painful. I will also mention I was hit in the head by an exploding aerosol can in a trash fire in 1999. It caused a large knot on my forehead that looks like lipoma but a cat scan reveals that is a bone tumor that grew from the trauma site like a large hollow pocket that raised off my skull. Again, doctors keep telling me is benign and not to worry about it. I also have what appears to be a lipoma only more solid on my left index finger that my doctor just looked at and said "yeah, that's weird" that came up in the last year but can't tell me anything more than don't worry about it. Makes me feel like my body seems to react to trauma like that for some reason.

Reading all the experiences and information makes me more interested in figuring out why these happen to me and if something else is going on... But I wanted to pass along to others who have them, the Raspberry ketone, at least seems to shrink them. don't know why, how much or how permanent yet but it changed enough it sent me to google to start checking on it.

Hope that helps someone.
Master Member

Post by 251152 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:14 am

Hey notanumber,

Thanks a lot for sharing your experience. This board is exactly for that (thanks to our captain "matt").
Would you be kind enough to post:
- Which Raspberry Ketone are you taking
- The daily dosage of it
- And how long has it been that you started taking it

Thanks in advance

Edit:

hmm, a quick Wiki search shows the following:

"Although products containing this compound are marketed for weight loss, there is no clinical evidence for this effect in humans. The average estimated daily intake of dietary raspberry ketone has been estimated to be 0.42 mg/kg/day. Early studies in rats looking into the potential toxicity of raspberry ketone found no effects on the body weight of rats with doses up to 100 mg/kg, 238 times greater than the estimated intake for humans or 0.01% of body weight. A more recent study demonstrated that when mice were fed very high doses of raspberry ketone, up to 20 g/kg, 2% of body weight or 4761 times greater than estimated human intake, there was a statistically significant prevention of high-fat-diet-induced elevation in body weight. The high dose effect is reported to stem from the alteration of lipid metabolism, increasing norepinephrine-induced lipolysis and fatty acid oxidation in cultured adipocytes.
Nutritional supplement manufacturer Andrew Lessman criticized and countered sensationalized media and marketing claims about raspberry ketone’s purported weight-loss benefits and strongly cautioned against its use."
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
smite

Post by smite » Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:40 pm

lipom1 wrote:I received the collaganese injection , it had a little stinging when it went in and the lipoma swelled up which is what the doc said it would do. When I think back it has been over 10 years ago and it still is not using it for lipoma reduction. That should tell you something . I remember the doctor telling me it worked in over 90% of the patients so why is it not approved? I do not want to disappoint anyone but I do not want anyone to get there hopes up like I did on this treatment.
How is this even possible? Dr Gerut's clinical trial started in 2012 for Collagenase (XIAFLEX). I'm pretty sure he was not offering this procedure 10 years ago...

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 27, 2014 6:49 pm

Hi! Aaron again!! (I need to create an account!)

This just came across my radar in the last week. It appears to be something to hope for as phase I went quite well clinically. Thought I would share the link so you might peruse it as well.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/show/NCT01613313
ediblelandscape

Post by ediblelandscape » Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:10 am

For the folks who have Lipomas, and in the extreme, Dercums, there are few options outside of surgery. I just watched a Mystery Disease show about it and what struck me was that the Lipomas were caused by lactic acid buildup, like you get after exercise. Victims of Dercums are advised to reduce their exercise. What I have not read is whether any victims have tried the athletes method of reducing lactic acid during exercise, Bicarbonate. Baking soda, another name for it has helped many athletes reduce after exercise pain and improve performance. Bicarbonate is also prescribed in diabetic acidosis. So I wondered if anyone had tried it for lipomas.
Master Member

Post by 251152 » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:21 am

There had been talks about Sodium Bicarbonate (Doctor Simonnici for instance) and its potential effectiveness in lipomas but eating it does not seem to be enough to affect lipomas. One would need to inject it directly into the tumor to test for any results.
manishyadav

Post by manishyadav » Wed May 14, 2014 12:03 pm

hi guys,

i m from india. in northern india triphala is a common medicine found in every home. its mainly used to treat digestive problems like acidity, loose motions, constipation etc. its non harmful medicine with no side effects. ppl normally take it daily to keep digestive system active and balanced.
its very cheap like usd 1/100 grams.
how to take triphala:

you can take it in any way you feel right like with warm water in winters and normal water in summers. but the best way to take it is to put 1 glass of water and 1 tbsp of triphala in an earthen pot overnight. next morning drink it before eating anything in morning. removes acidity and you will feel very pleasent after drinking it.
amla in triphala is known detoxifier and attacks on fat. however in case of lipoma its not necessary that it will reduce fat accumulation. it may depend on case to case.
i here suggest a better way by which lipoma is treated in northern india. however its a home remedy. since lipoma is not a dangerous disease not many ppl are concerned about it in india. even ayurvedic doctors say it wont make you trouble unless you undergo some surgery.

best known home remedy in norther india to treat lipoma is:

drink everynight 1 glass of warm milk with 1 tbsp turmeric dissolved in it. slowly and slowly it will start dissolving accumulated fat and in 1-2 month time all the lipoma will be gone. in some cases it may take even more time and in some cases it might not work. since not much study has been done on this disease and its a home remedy.

turmeric is very good for health and known detoxicant and dissolves fat. its very cheap and no side effects. found in every kitchen in india, yellow in color. you can find it in any spice store.

also lipoma is normally found in ppl who have digestive problems , in such cases there is one more ayurvedic medicine many times effective than triphala, its very cheap like usd 1/100 grams in india. its a powdered fruit called bael. take it 1 tbsp with water anytime a day. less or more dosage will give no side effect.
Master Member

Post by 251152 » Tue May 20, 2014 1:50 am

Hi manishyadav

So you're saying one should drink a glass of warm (probably as natural as possible) milk before bad with 1 table spoon of turmeric dissolved in it everyday and this might affect lipomas?

Do you have any additional info of why this might work? Or do you know anyone that has used this successfully in case of many lipomas (50+)?

Thanks
manishyadav

Post by manishyadav » Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:10 am

yes, make warm milk by heating it a little and dissolve 1 tbsp of turmeric powder in it. this home cure is known in northern india. no side effects. i have no idea how or why it works but its an ayurvedic treatment known to almost everyone in our region. yes its effective, it dosent matter how many lipomas you have.
Hamid
Number of lipomas: 11-30

Post by Hamid » Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:02 pm

Hi every body
Does good fat diet and quit smoking and drinking alcohol and daily exercise for long period (6-12 month) reduce the lipoma size ?
Has any body been to this kind of diet ?
Did it work ?
As I'm getting ready to start my diet
Thanks for sharing