This is how I cured my lipoma

What treatments are you having success with? Discuss diet, detoxification, alternative treatments, and anything else! This is also the place for the ongoing discussion of liposuction and other surgical techniques.

Moderator: matt

mattr2
Junior

I agree

Post by mattr2 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:50 am

I agree with the above post.

My grandmother has lipomas, but my mother does not. I have cousins on the same side of the family with lipomas, my aunts on the same do not have lipomas. I have a twin brother with the exact same condition. I am the more athletic of the two, he the more academic.

I thought after reading this board that my protein drinks, lifestyle (never drink or smoke) choices, or other external factors may have caused them, but that clearly does not apply in my case. We live in different parts of the country, different diets, different occupations, stress, etc.....

These nasty buggers are hereditary.
lipo2012

Re: This is how I cured my lipoma

Post by lipo2012 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 2:02 pm

How long those keep developing. Do you know how many your grand mother had? people will just live with those or its issue to the life? what was your grandmother's condition?
caribou
Regular

Re: I agree

Post by caribou » Tue May 01, 2012 6:58 pm

mattr2 wrote:My grandmother has lipomas, but my mother does not. I have cousins on the same side of the family with lipomas, my aunts on the same do not have lipomas.
How old are your mother and aunts? Do you know for certain they don't have any lipomas, or do you just assume so because they don't have any visible lipomas? I'm just curious because that shouldn't happen with an autosomal dominant disease, which is what I've thought lipomatosis is. Maybe your mother and aunts could get lipomas in old age.
mattr2
Junior

Post by mattr2 » Wed May 02, 2012 2:37 pm

My grandmother just turned 95. I wasnt aware of them on her until I complained about mine. She showed me her forearms and viola, they were there.

My aunt (69 yrs) was there, she confirmed that she knew about her mothers lipomas, but said she did not have any. She had two sons that both had lipomas removed surgically. Her daughter did not have any lipomas. So, 2 out of 3 kids, both males (cousins) had them.

In my family, it is just my twin brother and I (40) that have them right now. I have an brother (42), sister (37), brother (33) that do NOT have lipomas. Mother (67) and Father (70) are both clean. Interesting thing is, my twin bother has them on nearly identical spots on his body, If thats not a science fair project waiting to happen, I dont know what is. :)

We both started noticing the bumps at around age 28 ish.
caribou
Regular

Post by caribou » Wed May 02, 2012 3:25 pm

Interesting! Maybe your mother and aunt will have a few by the time they're 95 as well, but just not yet. :) That's the only thing that comes to my mind, although there could be other explanations.

How many lipomas do you and your brother have by now, if I may ask?
malinda

Post by malinda » Sun May 06, 2012 12:55 am

hello I am thankfull for this site and all of the info.from different people. I developed my first lipoma when I was thirty (20yrs ago) and they have exellerated in numbers and size in the last few years untill I donot even know how many I have (over 200)
I did have one very large one removed and I have a large scar in its place.I have been to many doctors they are not even interested in helping you. so I am thankfull for any info. I can find on the internet. it looks like we are all in the same boat !
ryan

Post by ryan » Sun May 06, 2012 10:47 pm

It would be good to have a discussion on scar treatment since excision could conceivably be the main method of removal for many more years. Is there a scar treatment regimen that anyone has used that they've found particularly effective in minimizing scarring after removal? I have pretty fair skin yet some haven't faded so well, while others have. I do try to keep them out of the sun.
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Mon May 07, 2012 7:10 am

Hi ryan!

There's actually an old thread about lipoma surgery scarring here...
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
ryan

Post by ryan » Tue May 08, 2012 12:56 am

Amazon.com WidgetsHey Matt,

Unfortunately, there really aren't any great suggestions on that thread. I'm just wondering if there is a scar cream or any specific regimen that anyone has found particularly effective.

By the way, thanks for moderating this site. I'm very grateful for it.

Ryan
Last edited by matt on Tue May 08, 2012 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Yeah, I know it's not very informative yet but I meant that perhaps you could ask scarring questions there and other people might reply then. Thanks!
li2012

Post by li2012 » Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:26 pm

caribou wrote:
mattr2 wrote:My grandmother has lipomas, but my mother does not. I have cousins on the same side of the family with lipomas, my aunts on the same do not have lipomas.
How old are your mother and aunts? Do you know for certain they don't have any lipomas, or do you just assume so because they don't have any visible lipomas? I'm just curious because that shouldn't happen with an autosomal dominant disease, which is what I've thought lipomatosis is. Maybe your mother and aunts could get lipomas in old age.

Caribou...you are Brain farting
Klaus
Master Member
Number of lipomas: 0

Post by Klaus » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:55 am

Hello Ryan,

regardingscar treatment after removal; I have and to do it for all other purposes to take marigold oinment and massage it over the area and than "Swedish Bitter" If you you do it regular over a time, the scar "should" not been seen, or are very very little. Leave the cotton ball on the place as long as it possible
If you can not buy marigold oinment, you can mix it yourself as long you can buy marigold.

Re.

Klaus
ryan

Post by ryan » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:57 am

Thanks Klaus! I'll look into it. I just purchased some manuka honey, which I read is really good with wound healing and minimizing scars. Maybe I'll try the marigold ointment on one and the manuka honey on the others and see which works best.
Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:31 am

After reading this post, I checked my lipomas for any change. I take co q10, ALA and have been using a lot of cayenne,garlic, cilantro,tumeric,(x1 month)and moringa(1 week) for detox and diet. I increased my sweet potato, hummus, freshly ground flaxseed and nuts dramatically in last month. Lipoma on stomach-no change. Inner elbow and inner forearm are softened and smaller. One on leg was painful 2-3 weeks ago but is now smaller than a pea and softened.
Bee

Post by Bee » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:42 am

Two other things- dramaticly reduced sugar and white breads in same time period and began to consume homemade kefir daily
mattr2
Junior

Post by mattr2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:27 pm

li2012 wrote:
caribou wrote:
100% positive my mother does not
100% positive, my older brother does not
100% positive, my younder sister does not
100% positive, my TWIN brother does
100% positive my aunt does not, but two of her children do

My brother and I live healthy, but very different life styles, we live in different parts of the country. I used to drink a lot of protein shakes, eat a lot of protein bars and contributed it to those, he never did. His lipomas are worse than mine. I'm not saying eating those foods are or are not related to lipoma growth, but it seems like there has to be something else.

I'm not sure how many other identical twins have lipomas, but i would assume we are few and far between and a pretty good test case.
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:10 pm

mattr2, you and your twin brother are identical?
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
mattr2
Junior

Post by mattr2 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:21 pm

Yup.
Ramesh

This is how I cured my lipoma

Post by Ramesh » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:00 am

Hi all,

I want to share my success story in removing my lipoma. Till recently i was not even aware of the word lipoma.
I had a small bump like swelling on my left shoulder blade near to the neck. I had this as far i can remember, ie since childhood.
It was very small and soft to touch. Absolutely no pain. So, i did not much bother about it.
About 10 years back i got a big swelling near to this bump, which i got cured with country medicine in quick time. I did not even know it was lipoma even then. Folks here treat these all the time with home made remedy. After this, the original bump still remained but it was little bit bigger, still softer but no pain on touching.
I got another swelling about 2 weeks back on the same region. It seems like i injured or strained, had some bain in my shoulder and entire shoulder blade region. This subsided in a day. But the bump ( lipoma) was now painful to touch. Even this, i did not bother as i thought it will go away. But there was sudden rapid increase in swelling over the bump within 2 days and it was extremely painful. I felt like i had a big stone tied to my shoulder blade. So, it was painful to move the arm, even the neck. The swelling was nearly about 3 inches and i got scared. I thought what if its some cancer. But i remembered that i got cure 10 yrs back. So, i wanted to try the same before going to hospital. Its not advisable here, unless you know some good doctor. Otherwise it will be too costly and more problematic. The following were the treatment i did, and the entire lump came out as of today: (within 10 days)
(1) Boswellia serrata extract (powder) grinded with ginger extract (juice) and clove seeds
The above is made a fine paste. It was heated to boiling temp in a iron vessel and the paste was applied hot on the affected area.
(2) Turmeric powder + quick lime
(3) turmeric powder + castor oil
Initially my mom put no(2) for first day. No change seen. Then afte checking on net about castor oil, it was changed to (2) ie turmeric + castor oil. Some time tumeric + cator oil + quick lime powder. There was some effect on the swelling that some part became softer but dark colored skin. In between tried boswella serrata (1) once. Repeated this daily.
On second application of boswellia extract, on next day there was small opening on lipoma and pus started coming out. My mom said this is the best treatment. But i was skeptic, so i tried with turmeric with castor oil 2 times a day for few days. More pus came and lower part of swelling shrunk. I have read that turmeric, castor oil, and others i mentioned above are anti-spetic, anti fungal, anti bacterial, etc. So i thought its safe to continue this without any complications. Slowly the swelling got reduced but there was still pain. When i applied boswellia again, this time there was multiple openings on next day morning. Lot of pus i had to remove. I saw the skin on the swelling slowly becoming whiter. So, i planned to apply boswellia combination for few days but there was no need for more than one application. I applied last night and when i tried to clean today morning the entire lump was lose. I could push the lump out now and everything came out. There was no blood and the lump was complete dead white. There was absolutely no pain. Now im very much relieved. there was a small hollow which i had to cover with calendula ointment and covered with cotton. Only thing is, i hope there wont be any more new lipomas. At least i know what to do next time. It was less painful and cheaper treatment. They were easily available here (india).
Among what i listed above (1) and (3) more effective. I think the application should be made more often every day than what i did . It was because i was not completely confident until now that it was working. Initially i took some mild pain killers daily which caused problem with digestion. I had to do this, because it was bit painful to lie on back during night. But i have stopped it after a while. Hope this helps someone.

Ramesh
matt
Lipoma Guru

Post by matt » Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:12 am

Hi Ramesh and thanks for the post!

Unfortunally your description doesn't sound like a real lipoma but a cyst of some sort.

Lipomas do not come through the skin. Lipomas are usually located under the skin and are not attached to it. Nor is there any pus inside a lipoma, just some mature fat cells.
lipo2012

Post by lipo2012 » Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:59 pm

Matt, as you said above one is not lipoma..such things are cured simply putting little baked onion in oil for a night will get rid of such things...

Lipomas are sort of abnormal disease in fatty cells under the skin..these may be benign or non-benign based on body str, eating habit etc...