Caffeine Causing Lipomas?

Talk about anything and everything related to lipomas and related healthcare issues here.

Moderator: matt

Lawrence
Junior
Number of lipomas: 31-60

Caffeine Causing Lipomas?

Post by Lawrence » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:42 pm

Hello,

I've heard or read somewhere that Caffeine can cause Lipomas. Does anybody have an opinion on this? I usually take caffeine stimulants or drink coffee and I'd think twice if I believe they are contributing to Lipomas.
Roger78
Junior
Number of lipomas: 11-30

Re: Caffeine Causing Lipomas?

Post by Roger78 » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:32 am

The only caffeine I would be getting is from Tea. I have never noticed a link and I got my first lipoma when I didn't even drink much tea or coffee.

About 4 months back I stopped drinking coffee but got a lipoma only 3 weeks ago and had it removed shortly after. In my case I doubt there is a link.
Lawrence
Junior

Post by Lawrence » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:31 pm

Ok, thanks. Now, mine seem like they are popping up rather quickly for some reason, usually I first notice them by the dreaded itch. If not caffeine, perhaps beer? Or Diet Soda? I do drink beer on the weekends... Perhaps that is triggering more of them all of a sudden? I've tried to cut out the diet sodas as I am wondering if the Aspartame in them could be a cause.
steelem
Junior
Number of lipomas: 2-10

Post by steelem » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:45 am

i think its more to do with gaining weight / losing weight scenario ....
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Fri Dec 23, 2016 9:52 am

Hi Lawrence, during the years I've come to the conclusion that lipomas do not form because of something we eat or consume. That being said there might still be a worsening of the condition by consuming certain things like for example alcohol. Alcohol seems to make my lipomas itchier for awhile. Maybe caffeine or sodas can do the same for others?

In any case it's known that tumors thrive on sugar and grains so it's best to avoid those as much as possible.
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
Lawrence
Junior

Post by Lawrence » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Thanks... Matt, do you totally avoid alcohol and sodas or drink them only on occasion? As yours become itchy, do you think that means they are growing?
Are you still thinking that these things are caused by a fungus?
matt
Lipoma Guru
Number of lipomas: 61-100

Post by matt » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:04 am

Hey Lawrence! I'm not that strong man that I could avoid alcohol ;) I don't know what is happening when they get itchy, that's actually a really good question what I haven't considered too much before! I don't know, I have to study that.

Yes, I still do think that we as a lipoma sufferers have been infected by some microorganism. I don't if it's fungus, virus, bacteria or something in between but all the things (except surgery) that seem to work against lipomas are also antimicrobial...
Hi I'm Matt - the creator and owner of this site. I have dozens of small nasty lipomas all over. I've tried many treatments including surgery and Lipostabil injections. See my lipoma prevention supplement recommendations and please consider donating a small amount via PayPal (click the Donate button) to keep this site up and running. Thx!
Klaus
Master Member
Number of lipomas: 0

Post by Klaus » Wed Dec 28, 2016 3:17 am

Hi Lawrence
I'm back in this forum after been for 8 months in hospital for 2 failed knee operations. I don't can find that coffee would create LT, because it is a natural plant, but of course, do everything with care. I'm drinking beer, and I had Lt before and when I became free since 2013, and still I'm drinking beer! Regards Klaus
Lawrence
Junior

Post by Lawrence » Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:10 pm

Ok, so here is a Summary from PubMed and I highlight below where it says that the Lipomas had less of a response to adrenaline- at least that is the way I interpret what it says.

Caffeine causes the body to release adrenaline. I was and still use a lot of caffeine. Perhaps the fat cells are becoming resistant to the Caffeine and Lipomas are forming?

link: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1261213

Lipoprotein lipase and hormone-sensitive lipase activities in human subcutaneous lipomas: comparison with normal subcutaneous adipose tissue.

Giudicelli Y, Pecquery R, Agli B, Jamin C, Quevauvilliers J.

Abstract

1. Lipoprotein lipase activity and hormone-sensitive lipase activity were investigated in subcutaneous lipomas removed from two patients and compared with the enzyme activities in subcutaneous adipose tissue from two normal subjects. 2. Confirmation was obtained of the presence of lipoprotein lipase activity in lipomas with an activity fifteen to forty-five times that in the two control samples. 3. Hormone-sensitive lipase activity was demonstrated in lipomas under basal conditions of assay as well as in the presence of adrenaline plus theophylline. However, compared with the non-lipomatous fat samples, these activities were lower, as was the magnitude of the lipolytic response to adrenaline plus theophylline. 4. The significance of these measurements of enzyme activity and their role in the pathogenesis of lipomas are briefly discussed
steelem
Junior
Number of lipomas: 2-10

Post by steelem » Sun Jan 15, 2017 9:45 pm

nah - we all obviously have some defect to FAT